My Favorite Chicken Salad

As summer very slowly slips away here (we've had 40 days of no rain and 80 degree days, very unusual for a Montana September) I've become acutely aware that making quick and cool summer recipes will come to a halt.  So I thought in honor of summer I would do one more summer type recipe to close it all out and usher in soup and meat season; otherwise known as "fall".  Here it is, my chicken salad.  I actually eat this all year long, but it becomes much more of a standard in the hot months.  It's so easy to make, it's fresh and flavorful,  it's healthy, and you can make a big batch of it and have it all week long.  To make it really easy on myself sometimes I'll use a whole rotisserie chicken, so good and quick.  (Then you can make stock from the carcass and freeze it for fall time soups.)  Here's the DL...
Ingredients
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2-3 celery stalks, sliced
3/4 cup  (sliced lengthwise) red grapes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
pinch of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
In medium bowl mix all ingredients except chicken until well incorporated.  And chicken and stir to coat.  If needed add more mayo.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.  Spoon onto sliced croissants, sandwich bread, or flour tortillas.  Enjoy!  {makes 6-8 servings}

2 comments: